Founder & Wealth Advisor
Tom Rush is the Founder of Yuma Investment Group Wealth Management. He has been dedicated to assisting his clients in pursuing their financial goals for over 20 years.
He is a graduate of Amherst College, where he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics.
Upon graduation he was licensed and worked in Yuma for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter for seven years. He then opened the Merrill Lynch office in Yuma and was Branch Manager for two years. After Merrill Lynch left Yuma, he founded Yuma Investment Group Wealth Management. He received the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation issued by the Center for Fiduciary Studies in 2011.
Tom has been in the investment world for over 25 years. He has gone through the market corrections of 2000,2001 and 2008. He works with individuals on making sure their risk is in line with their tolerance. He also manages money in tactical models. This means he can get more aggressive when the economy is going well and more conservative when the economy shows weakness. Managing money in a tactical way will help portfolios not to participate in a full market correction and have funds available to buy after market drops.
Tom Rush works diligently with his clients to crystalize their financial goals, develop a comprehensive plan to work toward these goals, and then monitor the resulting plan to make mid-course corrections, where necessary, to ensure all financial goals are still on track. Because of this “planning-driven” approach, he emphasizes long-term relationships which are the cornerstone of his business practice.
Thorough and innovative, Tom Rush serves as Wealth Advisor to numerous successful professionals, business owners and retirees in the Yuma area. His approach is a perfect match for individuals who want a well-conceived financial plan stressing long term, value-oriented investing supported by effective tax and estate planning strategies.
GETTING TO KNOW TOM
- Favorite Food: anything Asian
- Best piece of financial advice received: Never sell anything you own
- Favorite quote: “If you think you can or you think you can’t, YOU’RE RIGHT!” – Henry Ford
- If you could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Nikola Telsa
- Hidden talent: Consistency
- Favorite movie: Titanic
- Favorite TV show: The Office
- What motivates you: Hitting milestones and accomplishments.
- Favorite holiday: Christmas
- Something on your bucket list: Polar Plunge
- Place you’d most like to visit: Italy
- Biggest accomplishment: Being married to the love of my life, Sandy!