Managing Partner & Wealth Advisor
George is a Managing Partner at Yuma Investment Group Wealth Management. George was previously employed as a high school mathematics teacher for ten years. His background in mathematics and leadership has helped him to create portfolios that best fit his client’s risk tolerance, allocation desires, and retirement needs. His portfolio allocations seek to maximize benefits while preserving principal as much as possible. George also specializes in qualified plans such as 401K’s and SIMPLE IRA’s. He holds the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation.
George earned his Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Boise State University in 1997 and a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from Northern Arizona University-Yuma campus in 2001. George is entering his 14th year as a wealth advisor with Yuma Investment Group Wealth Management. George was also made partner with Yuma Investment Group in 2013.
George is an active member in the Yuma community. He is a member of the Yuma Rotary Club, and a board member for the Arizona Community Foundation of Yuma.
George resides in Yuma with his wife of 19 years, Teresa, who is a school counselor at Cibola High School. Together, they have two sons, Matthew and Jack.
George enjoys fishing, camping, and playing golf in his free time. He is currently studying to become a pilot.
GETTING TO KNOW GEORGE
- Favorite Food: Prime Rib & Baked Potato
- Best piece of financial advice received: My dad told me not to pay off your mortgage because it is about the only write off you still receive.
- Favorite quote: “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
- If you could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Margaret Thatcher
- Hidden talent: Making people laugh
- Favorite book: The Man Who Loved Children
- Favorite movie: Tombstone
- Favorite TV show: Seinfeld
- What motivates you: Financial Independence for my clients
- Favorite holiday: Christmas
- Something on your bucket list: Get pilot’s license
- Place you’d most like to visit: Machu Picchu, Peru
- Biggest accomplishment: Raising our two sons with my wife by my side.